At the Soucy Insurance Agency, we’re committed to helping our customers protect what matters most. This is why we urge all of customers who are contractors to annually review their insurance coverage. Contractors Insurance protects individuals from lawsuits, mishaps and third party property and bodily damage that could potentially lead to problems with your business.
There are a number of different types of complete liability protection, which include:
- General liability: The foundation of all contractor insurance coverage is a general liability policy. This coverage will provide two types of protection:
- Bodily injury: Provides coverage if you or someone you employ causes injury or death to a third party during the course of work. This type also covers medical care for the injured person and the cost of your legal defense if you are sued for damages.
- Property damage: Provides coverage if you or one of your employees causes damage to property belonging to others. This includes the building or property you are working on or any third-party property.
- Completed operations/product: Provides coverage in case a project you finished has an issue or causes damage. It can also extend to any products you sell or distribute.
- Advertising personal injury: Covers the risk of damaging another’s reputation or causing a loss through slander, libel or false advertising claims.
- Contract liability: This covers you in a contract dispute. It is not always included in general liability coverage so verify that you carry this coverage with your insurer.
Coverage can be customized to your business. We suggest that you seriously consider adding a policy if your business falls into any of the below categories:
- Independent construction contractors
- Any additional type of service provider
Contact Soucy Insurance today at 762.2218 to learn how inexpensive your peace of mind can truly be.